KEDEWATAN (NR. UBUD)
Villa Melati was the original home for the Architect, Martin Smyth. Located in the village of Kedewatan near Ubud, it was constructed on a 60 Are lot with commanding views of the Ayung River.
Built with traditional Bali construction methods, it nevertheless, exudes style, comfort and a contemporary living style.
Villa Melati was published, as follows:
- Figaro (magazine), Japan (Nov.94)
- 'Designing with Tile, Stone and Brick' (1995) - a book published by PBC
of New York and written by Dr. Carol Soucek King
- Home and Decor (magazine), Singapore (July/Aug & Aug/Sept.96)
- B Magazine, Hong Kong (Aug. 96)
- Conde Nast Traveller (magazine), UK (June.99)
- Vogue (magazine), Germany (Nov.99)
- Vogue (magazine), Japan (Nov.99)
- 'Designing with Spirituality' (2000) - a second book published by PBC of
New York and written by Dr. Carol Soucek King
- Architectural Digest, USA - in the advertising section for which AD vet
the ads for suitability. (Aug.2000)
- Home Journal (magazine), HK (Nov.2000)
- SCMP, Sunday Post/Design Section (Spring, 2001)
- This Villa was also included as a segment of the CNN 'Style' TV programme
and broadcast worldwide in 1996/7.